Monday, August 3, 2015

Todo es nuevo!

Hermana Kennedy and Blackmer
Hola!

Well. This past week was crazy. I left Chelan and now I'm in Yakima! Here's the breakdown:

Monday: Said goodbye to everyone in Chelan. :(
Tuesday: Cried because I had to pack and leave Chelan. :(
Wednesday: I left Chelan. :( But, I came to Yakima and met Hermana Blackmer! And I saw Hermana Taua, who is also serving in the Yakima area. We did some work, and we saw one of our investigators who is on date, Che. Che is a friend of a less-active, and he loves the church! We taught him the plan of salvation, and he reminded us of his baptismal date! He's so amazing!
Thursday: We saw a progressing investigator, taught her the law of chastity, and she is on date to be baptized for August 29th! Her aunt is a member, and she wants to be baptized before her aunt leaves for Mexico at the end of August. Super awesome experience.
Friday: Did some weekly planning and saw a cute less-active family that's totally reactivated! The son even wants to serve a mission! In Spain! Yay!
Saturday: Did some tracting, had a branch activity, heated up some tortillas like the Latino ladies do it. Did some more weekly planning.
Sunday: CHURCH! So, here in Yakima, I'm serving solomente espanol! That means that everything is in espanol! Ward council was a blast. Although, I learned the word "chispas" which means "sparks". The branch here is totally going to become a ward. No question about it. We had an awesome day, and we went home and slept/ cleaned. Because who needs dirty dishes?

Anyway! I love Yakima. We have an apartment all to ourselves, and I get a bunk bed. :) Yay! The members are awesome, the people are awesome, and the mission office and mission home are in my new area. Yikes... President Lewis really wants to keep an eye on me I guess...

That's about it! Have a miraculous week!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment