Follow by Email

Monday, November 23, 2015

Year mark, Interviews, and Craziness

The sistrict. (Our district has 3 sets of sisters and 2 sets of elders.)
Well. This week has probably been the most eventful week ever. Here's your brief rundown:

Monday: We had a great P-day that we spent cleaning. And the mold in our bathroom still isn't gone. But that's ok. Hermana Ayala only had enough strength to go to one lesson that night. So, we went to an investigator, July. We met her husband, Tony, instead. He's pretty cool. We had a lesson with both of them and it lasted about 2 and a half hours... Awkward since we got home at 9:30, and we had exchanges... But they're super awesome and invited us over to lunch on Saturday. SPIRIT FACT! So, Tony offered us water/ juice, and Hermana Ayala and I normally don't accept. But, we felt prompted to accept. Hermana Ayala accepted the water, and I got the juice. At the end of our lesson, Tony was like "I accept all your teachings and believe them. Why? Because you accepted my offer of water and juice. I firmly believe that if you want me to accept your message, then you should accept my water. And you two did. And I'm making you lunch on Saturday. Come over around 11." OK. We're accepting the water from now on.

Tuesday: Well, we did end up going on exchanges. Since we live with the STLs, we finally came to the conclusion around 10:15 that we were going on exchanges. I was with Sister Bailey (again) in our area (again). That's 3 times in a row! Sister Bailey and I are practically companions! We had an awesome district council, ate lunch, and went to work. I GOT TO WORK FOR A FULL DAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A MONTH!!! I was so excited! We got a new investigator, talked to everyone (which was about 3 people because it was raining), had some other lessons, walked our branch president's kids home from school and took refuge from the rain there. The president's wife was kind enough to let us make some calls and do her dishes while she dried our sweaters. (We both didn't have our coats. Sorry mom.) Presidente's wife just had a baby, so she was very grateful for our help. We went home, had dinner, and went to Tieton to see the Garcias and contact a referral. We did both. The Garcias were worried that it was the last time they'd see us, so they made us tamales and atole (a thick apple cidery kind of drink).  It was delicious. Except I just ate dinner... Oh well. But Sister Bailey was super excited because she finally got to meet the Garcias!

Wednesday: Well. Today was very unproductive. We sat at the church from about 2 to 6 waiting for our interviews with President Lewis. It gave me some great time to practice the piano for our Christmas gatherings and to make phone calls. By the time our interviews finished (we were last), it was 6:10, so President and Sister Lewis took us to dinner. Mexican food. It was delicious. And then they came out with us to see some of our investigators. (Two brothers, R and L. In other words, we needed another woman) Even though it was in Spanish, President understood pretty much everything, so it was a super cool lesson. They're super cool and had a ton of questions and at the end committed themselves to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it! Miracles!

Thursday: Well. Thursday yo cumpli un ano en mi mision. I can't English anymore. That sentence only makes sense in Spanish. Hermana Ayala saw a counselor at the mission office, so I dusted for my best friends, the office workers. It was pretty great. We made some more phone calls, had dinner, went to President Lewis's to talk about our very unique situation. Got a ride home from president. Then, a member took us out to see our two cute girl investigators, B and E. They're super cool and committed to be baptized on December 19th! How cool is that? Also, their mom started investigating!

Friday: Well, I weekly planned. And found out that Hermana Ayala is being medically released. She's going home this week, so I'll be an awkward floating missionary. We went to our branch's Thanksgiving dinner for about an hour. Hermana Brighton and I did a surprise musical number, and July and Tony came! Then we went home and Hermana Ayala died of a headache. Pobrecita.

Saturday: We went to lunch with July and Tony and had an awesome 3 hour lesson! He loves the organization of the church and the Christlike love we show. :) Then we walked, saw members and some other people, had dinner with a member, went to stake conference, and got home about 9:45. It was all President Lewis's fault...

Sunday: Stake conference. Goodbye to members. Dinner. And then the STLs broke down into laughing fits with us while we took pictures. And then Hermana Ayala and I stayed home and cleaned.

Now, I am so grateful for the guidance of the Spirit. #gratitude. I honestly don't know what I would do without the gift of the Holy Ghost. He's the one that keeps this whole show running. I'm grateful for what I learn from him and all the peace and joy I'm able to feel when he's with me. I hope that all of you will be able to feel that Spirit this week, especially the Spirit of Thanksgiving.

Amulek issues a tender Thanksgiving message when he encourages us to "receive [the Holy Ghost], and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you." (Alma 34:38)

May we all "live in thanksgiving daily" as we humble ourselves and count the matchless blessings we receive from a loving Heavenly Father. YOU are among my most cherished blessings.

Have a miraculous Thanksgiving week!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Kennedy

Our district leader. He's like Snoopy in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"

The elders.

The sisters.

Sisters do it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment