Monday, May 4, 2015

May the Fourth be With You!

Hola Familia y Amigos! Todos!

Well, the sad news is that Moses Lake is finally getting rid of me. The great news is that I'm being transferred to Chelan! It's apparently very green and pretty and is an awesome area, so I should be right at home! The scary part is that it's one of the hardest areas to work in because it's where all the migrant workers come to work! So, the Lord might be trusting me a little too much, but it's ok! I'll put my trust in him, and it'll all work out! My new companion is going to be Hermana Taua, who's from Hawaii. Hermana Hall is staying in Moses Lake and is getting (guess who?) HERMANA MCARTHUR! Why do all my companions get my companion? If you can't tell, I'm a little possessive.

WE HAVE A MIRACLE FOR YOU!!! Monday night, we were in our Spanish area, and we knocked on a door where we had talked to some other people who seemed interested before. The guy that opened this time was Ricky. We hadn't met him before, but we were able to teach him part of the Restoration and leave him with a Book of Mormon. We set up a return appointment for Saturday at 7 and we found a member to come with us--Hermano Clifford. We went, and he was standing outside waiting for us! We taught him the Restoration, and he had a million questions, which (with Hermano Clifford's much help) we were able to answer. He had read in the Book of Mormon and really liked what he read. He compares it a lot to the Bible because he's Catholic. He even prayed at the end of our lesson because we taught him how to pray. He even asked Heavenly Father to know that these things are true! I have never had an investigator like that here in Moses Lake! And now I have to leave him... He'll be baptized in three weeks, so no big deal. (Hermana Hall and Hermana McArthur just need to commit him to a date now....)

In other news, I think everyone should wish a Happy Birthday to the greatest mom in the world, MY MOM! It's her birthday TODAY! And is 20 years young. (Man, she's almost as old as me!)

Speaking of mothers, next week is mother's day, so.... God says "If you love me, keep my commandments" speaking as a parent. SO, let me rephrase that scripture. Mom said: If you love me, do what I ask you and have taught you to do. SO. My challenge for you this week is to do everything Mom asks of you! And live what she taught you. I know all your moms are awesome, so strive to be more obedient. They'll see your love for them and in return pour out more love for you!

Anyway, love you all! Have a miraculous week and I'll see you in almost a year!

Con carino,

Hermana Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment