Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy Memorial Day!

I'd like to start out my email by paying tribute to all those that have contributed to the freedom of our country--be they dead or alive. Remember them and their families in your prayers because without them I wouldn't have the freedom to serve my Heavenly Father. To all those who have served our country, thank you. May God bless you and your wonderful families.

This past week has been exhausting! The past two days alone have been so miraculous that sometimes I worry that our Heavenly Father won't be able to bless us with any more miracles! Here's the run-down for this week:

Monday: We had a family home evening with our on-date investigator, Mary and her two kids with our ward mission leader. It was wonderful and a great time for them to get to know each other, and we're excited to start preparing her for baptism!

Tuesday: We had a ton of lessons today! Three other lessons and three member present lessons. And they were all pretty solid lessons, too. Miracles happen.

Wednesday: We got to drive down to Wenatchee in our car (because who needs miles?) for zone conference! It was such a wonderful Spirit-filled day. I can't tell you what I learned because honestly, I can't remember. BUT, I did see Hermana Hall and Hermana McArthur there! Companion reunions. Oh, and of course, President and Sister Ware. I love them. I'll be sad to leave them if I get reassigned to the Yakima mission. Also, today we got our Tiwis! For those of you that don't know, a Tiwi is a little black box on your windshield that mentors you while you're driving. So, if you're speeding, it will say "check your speed" and give you time to slow down so that you don't get a speeding violation. If your seatbelt isn't buckled, it will say "check seatbelt" and you'll put your seatbelt on before you get a seatbelt violation. If you go over a bump fast enough to catch air, speed up or slow down too quickly, or take a turn too fast, it will say "aggressive driving" and you'll automatically get a violation. If you're a horrible driver, your driving privileges will get taken away. And they have proof of your horrible driving skills. So... I LOVE IT! It's only talked to me once. (Knock on wood.)

Thursday: Did some service. Had some awesome lessons. Had authentic Asian food from our Asian investigators for dinner. Fried rice, miso, and taro. Yum. We went to Daily Dose, the free English class, and when we left it was pouring rain so hard! Bad day to wear white. Oops. I can't exactly check the weather forecast, though, so it's not my fault.

Friday: Weekly planning. One of my favorite days because we can stay inside in the cool air instead of outside, but one of my least favorite days because I get so tired. Had dinner with a less active family, and you'd think by now I'd learn that "chiles" in Spanish actually means the hottest of hot jalapeno peppers. I think I've learned my lesson now. I will never say, "Si, yo quiero chiles" otra vez.

Saturday: MIRACLE DAY. We had an amazing doorstep Restoration lesson with our new investigator from two weeks ago, Kay. She's so eager to learn! She has definitely been prepared for the gospel, and she said yes to baptism! And one of her friends is in the Young Women's, so automatic fellowship there. Also, Bishop gave us a referral on Friday night, so he came with us to contact that referral Saturday night at 6. Her name's Maria, and she let us right in! We taught her the wonderful message of the Restoration with parts of the Plan of Salvation for her needs. We invited her to be baptized, and she accepted a baptismal date of June 20th! It was a miracle! After that, we went to see an eternigator who's still an investigator only because her husband won't let her get baptized. Her husband sat in our lesson with us. We've never been able to teach him because he's so set in his ways. We've only ever had the chance to sing hymns for him. But, tonight, he said "maybe, maybe I'll come to church tomorrow". He didn't actually come to church, but he's slowly opening up, and his heart is definitely being softened by the Lord! I'm so grateful for the Spirit and how it can work on people through music.

Sunday: Church was a spiritual experience, as usual, and after, we were blessed to have five member present lessons! We didn't plan any of them! We mainly visited less active families and their non-member family was there, so we were able to include them in our lessons. And get some quality OYMs too. No complaints from us. God is definitely a God of miracles.

So, keep looking for those daily miracles, because trust me, they are there!

Also, this upcoming fast Sunday, President Ware has asked all of you to join in a special fast! I'm fasting for all my investigators that they might receive a testimony of the truths that we teach them. I invite each of you to do the same, but not for my investigators. Mine are already getting a ton of prayers/ fasts. The investigators in your former missions or in the missions where you currently live need your prayers and fasts right now. Fast and pray for them, and the Lord will not only pour miracles out upon the investigators and the missionaries, but upon you too.

Also, I get to go to the temple this week! I'm so excited to consecrate some time to the Lord in his holy temple. Take some time to read President Monson's talk from this last conference, and then work on applying it!

Have a miraculous week!

Love,
Hermana Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment