Monday, December 28, 2015

(no subject)

Yours truly!
Well. This week. It came. It went. Here's what happened.

Monday: Went on exchanges with Hermana Blackmer in Manson! Former companion. Former area. It was weird. Taught a family that I had taught when they were still investigators. Now they're members. Weird.

Tuesday: Worked some more in Manson. Found some new investigators. Served at the food bank. Came back and packed.

Wednesday: We moved. The first time. And lived on the floor of some other sisters until we could find a house to live in for the next few weeks. We also saw Claudius who's doing amazing! He's progressing really well, he just needs to make the decision to be baptized. And then we finished moving.

Thursday: Had an awesome district council. Did some baking and caroling. Christmas visits. Yummy dinner. And we saw Natalya and gave her family Christmas presents. She wanted a picture of the temple. So cute.

Friday: Christmas! Had breakfast as the zone and watched the Best Two Years. It was an interesting experience watching that movie as a missionary. Skyped home. Saw family. Ate dinner. Did some weekly planning.

Saturday: Finished weekly planning. Had dinner. Saw Claudius again, had an awesome lesson. And moved. Again. Into some really sweet member's home for the next couple of weeks. They're awesome.

Sunday: Claudius came to church. We did a special musical number. Had an awesome work day! Saw some investigators, potentials, formers, and found a new investigator! It was a good missionary day. :)

Well. This week was crazy. I'm so tired. And that's ok! Being a sister training leader is rough but, it has helped me have a stronger testimony of the Atonement. I'm really ponderizing the words "not my will, but thine be done". I have so many things that I want to do as a missionary. I want to work hard. I want to see people come unto Christ through baptism. I want to spend all day every day in my area finding and teaching. And this past transfer, I've come to realize that while that is good, it's not what God wants for me right now. If anything, I'm learning how to become a fantastic member missionary and a compassionate leader servant. Definitely not something I want, but it's something I'm excited to become. That's one thing I love about the gospel. It's a gospel of becoming and being. You don't have to live in the past.

Well, have a wonderful, miraculous week and a happy new year! See you next year!

Con carino,

Hermana Kennedy

Hermana Johnson and yours truly.
Hermana Blackmer and yours truly.
Hermanas Streuling, Campbell, y yo. :)
The coming out district.

No comments:

Post a Comment