Monday, April 6, 2015

The Easter Bunny

Hermana Kennedy and Hermana Hall and Frank
So, we saw a bunny outside the church. ON EASTER! Elder Butters and Elder Holden tried to capture the poor thing, but it outsmarted them and ran away.

SO.... this week we've been trying to share "Because He Lives" with everyone! It went pretty darn well. No matter who we talk to or what situation they're in, that video seems to apply to everyone!
Two of our new investigators, Bianca and Arthur, actually watched the video and Bianca started crying! The Atonement had so much power for her that day, and we're so grateful the Lord was able to guide us to discern their needs.

We've also been doing a lot of 8th ward work this week. In between sessions of conference on Saturday, Elder Walton and Elder Carter (our zone leaders) encouraged us to go out for 30 minutes and act in faith! So, we went to 8th ward because that's where our most fear was. With the Lord's help and the Spirit's guidance, we were blessed to have a lesson with one of our investigators, OYM her granddaughter, and knock on a random door on Lost lane! Behind that random door, we were blessed to find our sister Carolyn who has been being prepared for the gospel. We invited her to watch general conference and listen to the prophet, and she had some amazing questions about the prophet! We were able to teach and testify of the Restoration. We also got talking about scriptures and the Apocrypha, so we brought in the Book of Mormon. She wanted a copy! So, we did a Book of Mormon baptismal invitation and she said yes! She has a sincere desire to learn, and we have a return appointment with her this week! It was a wonderful reminder of how we need to constantly be acting in faith so that we can always be on fire with the Spirit!

Speaking of Conference, was it not the most spiritual roller coaster of your life?! From uplifting talks to rebuking talks, I'm pretty sure I felt every emotion known to man! That talk on religious freedom, though. And Elder Holland's talk about the Fall? Man. Good stuff. If he were to write a fantasy book series, I'd read all five in less than 24 hours! Don't even get me started on Uchtdorf. I only wrote like 5 pages on his talk... What are all of your favorite talks? I can't seem to choose one because they all seemed to apply to me! I will tell you one thing, though. I'm definitely excited to come home, get married, and start a family! My sister will start taking husband applications starting in June 2015. If you're really determined, you will find a way to get to her contact information and submit your application.

In other news, our branch mission leader is probably the best mission leader of all time. He made us pizza in between sessions of General Conference on Sunday and bought me my favorite root beer unintentionally! He like us sisters more than the elders because we didn't tell him to cook a pizza stuffed in a turkey smothered in chocolate and Code Red Mountain Dew. We just wanted chips like Ruffles and drinks like Sprite. So, all you missionaries, be nice to your ward mission leaders and maybe they'll spoil you!

I think that's pretty much it. I'm alive. My companion is alive. We're crazy together, which I guess is better than being crazy alone. See you later! Have a miraculous week!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Kennedy

P.S.
I'm horrible, I know. Here's proof that I'm still alive! And my new companion, Hermana Hall, who is just as weird as I am! And Frank.

Hermana Hall - Hermana Kennedy's new companion


No comments:

Post a Comment