Monday, April 13, 2015

All my creativity is gone...

Sister Peatross and I on the way back from exchanges!
Hola amigos y amigas! Familia! Mujeres y hombres! Bienvenidos a todos por esta semana! Como estan?

Look at me trying to use Spanish. I think that's more Spanish than I every use. Unless I'm talking to personas de Jalisco. Hay muchas personas aqui de Jalisco. Pero, que podemos hacer?

SOOOOOOOOOO...................... This week was pretty boring. The day to day rundown goes about like this:

Monday: We taught two of our investigators, their cousin, their less-active mom, and non-member grandparents the Word of Wisdom. It was quite interesting. We also taught a less-active, her daughter, her daughter-in-law, and her two grandchildren the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Halfway through, the daughter-in-law and grandchildren left. 3/4ths of the way through, the daughter left, and then eventually we left too.

Tuesday: We had zone training which is 3 hours of uplifting rebuking. We also got lunch at KFC where a member from Brewster. We also found four new investigators. That's the standard of excellence for new investigators IN A DAY! The joy of former investigators and families.

Wednesday: We gave service making baseball fields and cutting grass, I got a new tooth, and every appointment known to man fell through. Except our dinner appointment which fed us Taco Bell. And our 8th ward recent convert who feeds raccoon and skunks. It was an interesting night. She gave us licorice, and we got to help her download the Gospel Library on her iPhone. Pretty fun, right?

Thursday: We had a specialized zone training where we role played giving church tours. Needless to say, I feel very comfortable giving church tours now. We also got to have interviews with President Ware. It was so uplifting! He gave me a mini orange, too, so I guess it was pretty delicious. The elders bought us pizza for lunch, too, so that was an added bonus. We got to see one of our investigators that has a crazy schedule so she's only home for one hour a day. We saw her in that one hour! She's sharing the gospel with everyone and she's asking for Sundays off!

Friday: Weekly planning. Appointments that fell through. Exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders, and I got to go to Wenatchee! It's so beautiful there! Hopefully, I'll get to serve there again! I stayed there with Sister Peatross while Hermana Hall brought Hermana Garcia back here.

Saturday: Worked in Wenatchee. We had an awesome member present where we just got to testify of the Atonement! We also walked around and OYMed people, and Sister Peatross and I had quite a few Marilyn Monroe moments. If there is such a thing as a windproof skirt, I would really appreciate one. We came back to Moses Lake, and Hermana Hall and I kept weekly planning!

Sunday: Church. More church. Dinner with members. Less active lessons. Parents that are allowing us to come teach their children who are already new investigators. It's pretty great. More planning too.

And that's it, folks!

Te amo!

Hermana Kennedy

P.S. Your challenge this week is to send me subject lines for my emails, because I am not in the least bit creative. If you send me some, I might feature you and an experience relating to your subject line in my weekly email!

P.P.S. Physical Evidence of my life

Hermana Hall and I on a crazy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment