Monday, March 28, 2016

Feliz Pascua!

Hola a todos!

Well, this week came and went, and I'm a lot more exhausted than usual. Here's what happened in the life of Hermana Kennedy:

Monday: Hiked Saddlerock as a zone. Drove 3 hours to Oroville to have exchanges with the sisters up there. Died.

Tuesday: Had exchanges with the sisters. We all stayed up there and worked. I was with Sister Carroll, and we had a great day! SHE IS SO AMAZING!!! She has so many health problems and struggles, but she's always so happy! My focus was on learning how to use the Atonement in every day missionary work, and she taught me how to enjoy to the end while using the Atonement. She wanted to work on the same thing, so we had a fun day together. :) We had a few other lessons, talked to a lot of new people, I helped her out with Spanish work (she's an English missionary), and we did about 3 hours of yardwork! Great fun.

Wednesday: Took the 3 hour drive back to Wenatchee at 5 am and had an awesome zone conference! I had to give my departing testimony, which for those of you who don't know, is the worst 5 minutes of your life. I shared what I have learned throughout my mission from D&C 121:45-46 about how charity never faileth, how virtue makes us clean, how we become confident as we obey God's commandments, and how we have the Spirit to be with us always. And then we sang my favorite hymn, and I was inconsolable. I have loved my mission. I've loved learning and growing and changing to become more like my Savior Jesus Christ. I don't want to go, but I know it's necessary. :( After that, we had a couple awesome lessons and put two of our investigators, O and D on date for April 30th! I'm so excited for them!

Thursday: We had another great day and found out that one of our less-active members came to church on Sunday, but she went to the Eastmont ward. The Eastmont sisters told us, and we went by to try her. (Please note, we already try her at least 3-4 times every week, and she's never home.) So we tried her on Thursday and met her son, had a lesson with him and set up a time to come back. We then went to see O and D and had an awesome lesson but only with O. We brought a member, and they talked for a long time. I learned how to interrupt people this week, and Hispanics don't get offended! Yay!

Friday: The less active wasn't home. :( But, we got to see one of our recent converts, S and have an awesome lesson with him. Then our ward mission leader drove us out to the far reaches of our area to help us teach a family. He had been the interpreter for one of their daughters in school last year. Not going to lie, it was kind of awkward, especially because the rest of her family was partying for Good Friday... Then we went to see Alfredo and invited her to Women's Conference. We also taught her adorable grandchildren. :)

Saturday: We tried our less active, and we got in the house and she started asking us a ton of questions about the plan of salvation. Her son came and joined in our lesson, and he really wants to be baptized. We have an FHE with them tonight at 7. She really wants to come back to church because she realized that she doesn't really know anything, and she fights constantly for the church, but she doesn't know enough to fight well, so that was a miracle! And, Alfredo came to women's conference!!!!!! Miracle!

Sunday: Feliz Pascua! I realized the reason why I hate cilantro today. I was brave and ate some with my tacos at our lunch with some less actives. And then we went home to study and I spent my study time by the toilet. I got so sick, but I made it through all of church and the rest of the night without throwing up! I got a testimony of staying in the area when plans fall through. We tried to contact a referral, and the guy opened the door and talked to us for a little bit, we had another lesson, we set up a return appointment, and we went to get back in the car. Then, Hermana Torrez looked at me and said, "should we knock some doors before we leave"? And so we knocked one more door. And we talked to them for about 30 minutes, held their newborn German Shepherd puppies, and set up a return appointment. So, that's cool! We also saw Natalya and had a great lesson about following Christ. :)

Something that the Spirit has taught me this week is that our desires come from others. When we focus on ourselves and wanting to make ourselves better, the desire isn't really there. When we focus on the expectations of others and really turn outward, we find that desire and fire to do better and be better. It's then that we are able to use the Atonement to change and become the person that others, specifically our Heavenly Father, know we can be. I'm so very thankful for the Atonement and for the changes that I can make in myself because of it. It's hard, but it's worth it in the end. Feliz Pascua de la Resurreccion!

Also, I loved the focus of women's conference. Love others as Christ has loved us. I think that's so key. We, as women, need to be more loving, so that's definitely something I'm going to work on this week.

I think that's about it for this week. Have a miraculous week!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Kennedy




No comments:

Post a Comment