Monday, May 2, 2016

"Weird" week

Hola Presidente!

Well, it's been a weird week, and I think I tell you that every week is a weird week, but this time it really was. I promise. Anyway, here's what happened this week!

Monday:

See? I told you this week was a weird week. On Monday, we had a great P-Day, ate dinner with some members, saw a couple potentials, and talked to 3 new people. That was about it.

Tuesday:

We went on exchanges!!!! I was with Hermana Dungan in my area. We saw so many miracles and worked super hard. At the end of the day, we had done 2 hours of service, taught 6 lessons, found 2 new investigators, and contacted 1 referral. It was a super awesome day. Some new phrases I learned "hueso de la alegria" is the funny bone, and "cascara de platano" is banana peel. Anyway. Nothing too exciting to report, just that we found a random less-active walking up the street and she turned to run away because she thought we were the Jehovah's witnesses and then she saw our nametags and came running up to us to give us hugs, tell her where she lived, give us her number, and promise she'd come to church on Sunday. So yeah. Pretty cool.

Wednesday:

​We had a great district council and enjoyed being out in the rain with all the spring roses! We met a ton of new people, 6 in fact. And we had 6 other lessons. Coincidence? Definitely not. That's right. We had a lesson with every person we talked to. Anyway, for the out of the shell moment of the day we were brave and talked to a guy sitting in a corner in the apartment complex we were in. We thought he was doing drugs or smoking or something. He was just on his phone. Anyway. We met him and he had a ton of questions. We taught him the Restoration and set up a return appointment for Thursday. His name is One. More to come on One.

Thursday:

Well, we were smart and decided that it would be a good day to walk. Bad idea. It was so windy! Thank goodness I wore a long skirt. Anyway, we got to see another less active whose 9 year old nonmember niece was there. It was awesome. Anyway, so you remember One? HE WAS THERE. They're never there when we set up return appointments. Anyway, we had a really good review of the Restoration with him and we set up another return appointment. We also saw our recent convert, S, and talked to him about faith. We also went to Olive Garden for dinner because some members gave us a gift card. And then another member from our ward just happened to work there and pay for our dinner. Yeah. Members are the best. :)

Friday:

​Wenatchee is so beautiful and green!!!! I love it. Anyway, we finished our weekly planning, saw a less active part member family, met another less active who told us where his mother lives (please not, I've been searching for her for the past 6 months.), and met a couple new people. It was great! One of the new people we met was the son of one of our members. He just recently got out of prison and is looking for God. He said he'd come to church, so that's cool.

Saturday:

Well, one of our investigators had baby kittens. And they offered one of them to me. Can I please have it, Mommy?? It's so cute!!! Anyway, we met a few new people, sweated our faces off, ate 4 dinners, and sang at a baptism. It was pretty great.

Sunday:

This is my companion. She has a licorice mustache. Anyway, we went to church and I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting. It was my last fast Sunday as a missionary, you see, so it was quite sad. But, after church, we walked and talked to a few new people and then we saw One again with a member, and at the end he said the prayer. He's going on a trip to California this week, and he might be gone for a couple 3 weeks. But, during the prayer he said "I hope that I can come back soon and talk more with the hermanas. I really like what I'm learning. I feel tranquility. I feel peace." During that lesson, he had told us that he hadn't felt peace in a really long time, so we taught him about the Spirit, and he started to recognize it RIGHT THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway. Rant over.

​Well, this week I have a stronger testimony of charity. Charity should always be our motive. I know that we need to have charity for others, but especially for the Lord. When we feel that pure love of Christ for the Lord, it is easier for us to forget ourselves and go to work. It's easy to submit ourselves to His will. It's easy to humble ourselves. It's easier to be patient, obedient, diligent, virtuous, hopeful, and faithful. We gain small treasures of knowledge. Charity never faileth, and without it we are nothing. Do you really want to be nothing? That's a question I've been pondering for a while, and I think I finally came up with the answer "Heck no!". So here I am trying to be more charitable. It should get better from here. I want you all to know that I know the church is true. The Book of Mormon is so simple and teaches us the great truths about charity. If you don't believe me, read Moroni 7. I know that God is our Heavenly Father. He loves us more than we can comprehend. I know Jesus Christ is our perfect example of charity, and if we follow Him, we'll find a new life where we focus more on others and not on ourselves, and I share this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Well, I think that's about it for this week, y'all! Hope you have a miraculous week!

Hermana Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment